Florida Agency Network (FAN) announces it has achieved two major milestones that strengthen its consumer data security controls and achieve full compliance with new banking industry disclosure rules.
FAN, the largest network of independent title agencies in Florida, has successfully:
- Completed a rigorous third-party examination of data security policies, procedures and processes in accordance with Service Organization Controls 1 (SOC 1) standards, and
- Achieved compliance with the combined new TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure requirements (Truth in Lending Act and Real Estate Procedures Act) mandated under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
“Thousands of hours of dedicated, smart hard work by professionals throughout our company were required to achieve these two huge milestones. These accomplishments attest to our commitment to be industry leaders as we provide the most reliable, secure, compliant and trustworthy services possible for our customers and clients,” said Aaron M. Davis, Chief Executive Officer of Florida Agency Network.
Examinations leading to compliance with SOC 1 standards were administered by the professional audit staff at 360 Advanced, a national Qualified Security Assessor and Certified Public Accountant firm based in Tampa, FL.
ABOUT FLORIDA AGENCY NETWORK
The FLORIDA AGENCY NETWORK is the largest network of independent title agencies in the state of Florida. The firm has formed a statewide strategic alliance to better serve its clients, allowing it to provide more services throughout the entire state.
FAN is proud to have membership in:
- American Land Title Association (ALTA)
- Florida Land Title Association (FLTA)
- National Association of Mortgage Brokers – Mortgage Bankers Association
- Statewide Realtor Organizations – Statewide Builder Organizations
Founded originally as Hillsborough Title, the Florida Agency Network has more than 200 employees, including six attorneys and nine national underwriters at 31 title offices statewide. FAN completes an estimated 1,000 closings a month.
Florida Agency Network is a locally owned and operated by Aaron M. Davis, and was founded by Aaron’s mother, Gail Calhoun, in 1984. Florida Agency Network applies the most advanced title software and computer technology, allowing the firm to make last minute changes quickly and on-site for a closing.
Florida Agency Network includes Hillsborough Title, Trident Title, Tampa Bay Title, Paramount Title, Homeplus Title, Cornerstone Title, Uptown Title, Performance Title & Escrow, Progressive Title Solutions, Stronghold Title, Premier Data Services, Hometown Title Network and BPM Solutions.